5. - 6. October 2018
Empa, Dübendorf, AKADEMIE
The move from an academic environment to industry is a challenge. A successful applicant knows that it takes more than convincing application documents to leave competitors behind. Awareness about the current labor market, a cautious evaluation and matching of existing and requested skills are as crucial as a thorough idea of the added value offered to a company. These thoughts are not only important to make a match between job profile and self-image in the documents but also for the interview process.
The workshop will cover:
– General aspects of the labor market and impacts on the application strategy
– Convincing application documents and industry expectations
– Job interview training including methods to answer difficult questions
– Strategic process planning and contractual obligations
– Participants link profiles and labor market:
realizing differences in expectations
– Participants learn how to apply successfully:
the documents, the interviews, the follow-ups
– Participants train self-marketing:
knowledge and tools for job interviews
– Participants review hiring terms: arriving in a company setting
The language of the course is English.
For Empa employees the course is sponsored by Empa-Academy. The registration is binding. In case of non-appearance without reason a fee of CHF 100.– has to be paid. For non-Empa employees costs on request.